Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pompadour and Stiletto Arrive!!

Well, at long last, the first image of Pompadour has been realized.

Pompadour and Stiletto are a comic concept that my wife, Gea, and I came up with one night after a binge...they are a crime fighting duo in an urban...futureistic...neo-noir setting. We fully intend upon developing these characters into a four volume graphic short story...and decided to tie it into Crackin' The Code, by having our main character, Bill, be the creator of the comic in the film.

Recently, I contacted Scott Roller, an amazing artist who has been working freelance with Wizards of The Cost and TSR games developing character sketches and concept art for their publications and miniatures. We had meet over drinks a few years ago at The Jolly Roger (One of our film locals). I always knew I wanted to work with Scott on a project...I had no idea it would be this one.

Scott has been hard at work realizing our vision of the vigilantes...and this image is the first one to cross my desk. I LOVE IT! It is exactly what I had in mind...I am so excited to see more...
Look for a Comic Cover in the film! It's gonna rock!

1 comment:

Harold Phillips said...

Right on!! Now that looks like a character I can get behind... maybe "Bill" does have a future as a comic book artist :)